The FIRST Truly Portable Laser Welder
LightWELDTM handheld laser welding is easy to learn, simple and fast to set up and provides consistent high-quality results across a wide range of materials and thicknesses
LightWELD is FASTER and Easier than Traditional MIG & TIG Welding
Experienced MIG and TIG users benefit from the more rapid and flexible processing capabilities of LightWELD:
- Up to 4X faster than TIG
- Easy to learn and operate with highest process consistency
- High quality welding of thick, thin and reflective metals without distortion, deformation, undercut or burn-through
- Welding of dissimilar metal parts of different thicknesses
- Dramatically low heat input and minimized heat affected zone
- Minimal part setup and post-processing grinding or polishing
- Increased productivity with no need for machining or straightening deformed parts
Fabricated steel structure enclosing the laser generator, system controller, panel displays and interface electronics
- W 316 mm, D 641 mm, H 534 mm (12.5 x 25.2 x 21 ins)
- Integrated 5 meter (˜16 ft) umbilical connection to the Handheld Laser Welding Head
- Easy-carry handles
Laser Generator 1500 W CW air cooled, Ytterbium Fiber Laser System housed within the Base Unit
- 50 micron diameter fiber with 5 m (˜16 ft) fiber delivery to the head
- Power adjustable from 10% to 100% of maximum output power
- Class-1 collinear red guide beam
Industrial grade controller housed within the base unit
- Provides control of all system functionality, laser parameters, gas flow, and monitoring of safety interlock circuits.
- Interface via front panel controls and Ethernet port web-page GUI with programs selection
Front Panel Controls
- Rotary knob controls and displays for Laser Power, Wobble Length and Wobble Frequency
- Touch button access to 70 Stored Process Mode memory locations
- System status indicators
- System enable keyswitch.
- Emergency Off (EMO) button
Handheld Laser Welding Head
- Optic configuration to deliver on-target beam diameter of 150 um (0.006 ins)
- Focal Length 120 mm
- On-axis red guide beam
- Wobble function: Linear beam scanning. Length 0-5 mm, Frequency 0-300 Hz
- 2-Position trigger control
- Integrated welding part touch safety sensor
- Integrated process gas delivery (Flow controlled by Base Unit)
- Interchangeable Precision welding nozzle
Rear Panel Connections
- AC Power: 220V, 1 Ph, 50/60 Hz, <20 Amp.
- Welding Head I/O:
- Workpiece Clamp Circuit:
- Process gas input ½” hose - Customer responsibility
- Process gas output. (Included with welding head umbilical)
- Safety Interlock and I/O. - Customer responsibility
- RJ-45 Ethernet connection- customer configuration and status port
- Air-Cooled Base Unit
- 5 m (16 ft) IPG Laser Welding Gun
- 5 m (16 ft) Workpiece Clamp
- (4) Welding Nozzle Tips
- (5) Cover Slides
- Welding helmet with IR shield
- Laser safety glasses OD 6+
- 3 m (10 ft) CAT 6 Ethernet Cable
- Getting Started Guide
* Power connector, 30A 2P3W IP44 6H
- IPG will provide one (1) emergency stop control for the laser system. The circuit will be linked to all operations of the laser system. When the system is latched in E-Stop, the laser firing trigger will be disabled. To re-enable the laser, simply unlatch the E-stop to reset the system.
- For laser systems sold to customers located either in the USA, or countries without laser regulations, the quote will specify the system rating as Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) Class IV.
- CDRH Class IV systems require the use of safety eyewear and other precautions by the operator and others in the area during Operation, Maintenance and Service functions.
- Laser Safety eyewear needs to be appropriate for the laser that is being used. Refer to ANSI standard Z136.1 to determine appropriate laser safety eyewear and for additional information on laser safety requirements.
- All laser products sold by IPG Photonics are certified in compliance with 21 Code of the Federal Regulations (CFR) Chapter I, Subchapter J.
- Monitoring for conformance is conducted by the Center for Device and Radiological Health (CDRH), which is a division of FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
- System is designed and manufactured to be in compliance with OSHA standards.
- Shipment of LightWELD™ unit is conditional upon customer’s completion of IPG’s Customer Safety Acknowledgement which will be emailed once customer has submitted order.
- Buyer bears all costs and risks involved in taking the goods from IPG’s premise to the desired destination. International or Domestic freight, ground transportation and insurance fees will be paid by the buyer as well as any costs to meet local laser regulations and export/import licenses and fees. This includes all appropriate sales and/or use tax to its government agencies including duties, brokerage fees and etc. IPG can provide crating and shipping at cost to customer, if requested.
- Fully crated system weighs approximately 160 lbs. and measures 40” L x 23” W x 32” H.
- The system outlined in this proposal is covered by a one year warranty unless otherwise noted. This proposal also includes unlimited phone and internet support beyond the expiration of the warranty period.
Purchase of this system constitutes customer's agreement with IPG's Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Product warranty is one year.
Incoterms EXW Marlborough, MA.
- One (1) IPG System Operation and Maintenance manual is included with each system or workstation. The manual will include safety, equipment installation, operating instructions, computer connectivity guide, troubleshooting and maintenance guides and directions for service and support.